Monday, August 29, 2005

FABRICLIVE.22-- Scratch Perverts



Track Listing:

1 Scratch Perverts & Dynamite MC - Come Get It
2 Ty Ft. Kwadjo From Beyond The Stars & Michelle Escoffery - Ha Ha
3 Masta Ace Inc. - Born To Roll
4 Skinnyman - I’ll Be Surprised
5 Roots Manuva - Witness [Walworth Road Rocker’s Dub]
6 The Roots - Guns Are Drawn
7 Mr Scruff - Ug Beats
8 Die & Skitz Ft. MC D, K'Ners, Dynamite MC - Go In Full Cycle
9 The Perceptionists Ft. Guru - Party Hard
10 Dilated Peoples Ft. Kanye West - This Way
11 Foreign Beggars Ft. DVS & Skinnyman - Hold On
12 Booty Bouncers (Deekline And Wizard) Ft. Wunda, Wiley, Skinnyman - Fame and Money
13 Scratch Perverts - Face Smacker
14 Dead Prez - Hip Hop
15 Scratch Perverts - Stand By
16 DJ Shadow Ft. Roots Manuva - G.D.M.F.S.O.B. [UNKLE Uncensored Mix]
17 Alter Ego - Rocker
18 Ian Brown - Time Is My Everything [Scratch Perverts Vocal Mix]
19 Radiohead - The National Anthem
20 Nightbreed - Pack Of Wolves [Pendulum Remix]
21 Ed Rush & Optical - Get Ill
22 Clipz - Slippery Slope
23 DJ Phantasy, Shodan & UK Apache - Gimme Da Gal
24 Pendulum - Another Planet
25 Baron - A Modern Way V.I.P.


About 8 months ago, I became a monthly cd club member to the fabric night club out of london. Fabric releases 2 cds a month, one live and one studio. The club constantly gets an array of different DJs to come through, always keeping the styles and genres different on every monthly feature. I would HIGHLY recommend checking out their website
here and becoming a member if you're interesting in getting something new in the mail every month. I think it's like $15 a month.

I digress. The reason I featured this fabric installment is that since I've joined the cd club, this has by far been my favorite. Keep in mind there are have only been a select few fabric installments that feature hip-hop as the title genre. I could go on for hours if I were to bring up Craig Richards, Plump Djs, James Lavelle, or Bugz in the Attic. Every selection on fabriclive.22 fits perfectly. This is some scoop I found on their background:

MUSICAL ROOTS
Prime Cuts: “In our teenage years we were hip hop purists. From there you realise that a lot of stuff in hip hop samples other records, you become curious and want to find out about the records that are being sampled. That opens up a whole world of funk and jazz. You start getting into the history of black music and trying to learn about it. Through hip hop we all got into a huge amount of music.”
Prime Cuts: “We all had different paths into DJing. I originally got into scratching and got into DJing in clubs around my area. Tony was more in his bedroom as a ‘battle DJ’ and got into DJing in clubs after winning a couple of battles. I was more of a club DJ who then got into battling. Niall was a record collector from the age of about 11, always buying hip hop from way back.”

I'm having trouble with the mp3s, so in the mean time go check out the website. I'll post the songs asap...

No comments: