Sunday, August 14, 2005

You're a star, a shining star



"Sound Experience" mp3, J.P. Walk

The first time I saw this film, I went to a place in Atlanta called Buckhead Backlot. Buckhead Backlot was a movie joint that shows films as well as serves food & beer. The combo watering hole crossed with new releases was always a good place to start the night. In 1997, a group of friends and myself decided to hit Buckhead Backlot to check out Boogie Nights. 3 hours later and 8 pitchers (+/-) deep, I left faced and greatly entertained. Putting this flick into the category of "must watch over and over again", I seem to always pick up on something different every time I watch it. I used to jizz in my gym shorts to Heather Graham when she played Mercedes Lane in the film "License to Drive" but boy was I in for a surprise with butt-ass naked roller girl. Waay too many one-liners in this film to put on paper. The soundtracks for Boogie Nights are definitely must haves. Back in my Chi-days, we actually threw a "Boogie Nights" party and had a blast. There ain't nothing like dressing up in ghetto 70's getup, complete with tattoo's and gold chains that leave green stains. Here's a shot from that night:


Anyway, the song I'm posting today is the funky ass theme from Brock Landers and Chest Rockwell. This shit is so funky it will make your breath stink. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Wesley said...

velvet pants for my velvet piece