Monday, September 05, 2005

Sumosonic 40 (Heavy)



"Quiet N Dayglo" m4a, Am


Another CD club I recently joined was the free cds offered by heavy.com. A buddy of mine told me about this and you pay $5 a month for shipping, and you get a cd every month of about 20 tracks. The first one I got had everything from pop to indie pop to hip hop to alt to house. I had heard of about 30% of the featured artists and enjoyed hearing some new talent that's out there. You can go to www.heavy.com/freeoffer (I'm pretty sure that's it) and sign up from there. The m4a tracks I'm featuring today (again, sorry about the format but if you've got iTunes you're set) are off the latest installment from heavy. The first one "Quiet n Dayglo" by the group Am sounds a hell of lot like the Pixies to me. The second track is a little different as Hard-Fi serves up the first wave-esque 6 minute track that claims "we can fight" which surely means only on the dance floor. Enjoy

"Middle Eastern Holiday (Chicken Lips Vocal Mix)", m4a, Hard-Fi

No comments: