Saturday, July 30, 2005

Metro Area



"Inspiration of Lust" m4a

I actually got a chance to see these guys (Morgan Geist and Darshan Jesrani) spin at SmartBar in Chicago before I moved away. The mp3 I am posting today is the full 80 minute set from the night the chi crew went to SmartBar and banged our heads. The disc I had this on was lost but after two moves and an assortment of scratches, I found the disc and immediately put it on my cpu. For those who haven't heard Metro Area, here's an idea of what's in store...

Metro Area brings back the soulful experimentation of early club classics, mixing live and electronic instruments. Simultaneously, the mood and minimalism of more recent dance music forms creep into the mix: Detroit's cold futurism, Chicago's abstract track-modes, and the warmth of New York and New Jersey's deep house.

I didn't feature Metro Area's album Dance Reaction on here but if you haven't heard this, get it!!! Every time I put that disc in (and Fabric 1-Craig Richards), I immediately think of the great nights I had in Chicago. I promise if you put on either Inspiration of Lust or Dance Reaction at your next get together, people will end up breakdancing on your coffee table. I've woken up many a mornings with severe neck pains all thanks to either of those discs.

A side note: the file I uploaded is a m4a file, which is the file used to play on your iTunes. I'm not sure how to transfer to a mp3 file, so if anyone knows please let me know and I'll re post the set. Otherwise, if you have iTunes you should be able to play it.

3 comments:

Ben Silver said...

yeah I need to convert this too

that night was CIPE EPIC

Ben Silver said...

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

make sure to get the m4a,mp4 codec download also

Anonymous said...

I like to look at artistic photos of people, especially at their smiling faces. If you have some free time go to http://top-personals.net for black single and rate pictures of singles from your neighborhood. Adult Singles