Thursday, September 15, 2005

Give a Monkey a Brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe




"Properties of Propaganda" mp3, Fishbone

"Everyday Sunshine" m4p, Fishbone

I was going through some of my old CD cases a few days ago and first of all, I was amazed I used to lug all that shit around in my ride. Good thing I used to have a SUV or I wouldn't of had enough room to fit all the damn CD cases. Ahh, the sweet sweet iPod. Anyways, as I was looking through the wide variety of music that had accumulated over the years, mixed in with mostly garbage were a few random discs that I used to love and listen to all the time. Some dated waaay back to even middle school. Severely scratched and completely unlistenable, I went to the iTunes music store and downloaded some of the old memories. One of the random-ass acts I used to always listen to (especially the album above) was Fishbone. I really don't even remember how I ended up with a few Fishbone discs, but it was fun to go back and listen to some of the tracks. I would describe Fishbone as a ska slash hardcore rock band with a horns section. The lead singer, Angelo Moore, enjoys headbanging onstage with a pencil thin braided mohawk while occasionally dabbling in the mosh pit.

Of course, around the same time I was listening to this disc all the time, I was also listening to Pantera, Gwar, Front 242, Rage against the Machine, The Ramones, Alice in Chains, and Megadeth so basically I just wanted to give you a sneak peek into the evolution of my dome, musically.

~WW

No comments: